State Fee Schedule Services
A fee schedule is a list of the maximum rate a payer will allow for services based on code sets such as CPT, HCPCS and CDT (dental) codes. The fee schedules are frequently updated and may vary by location within the state. They are important for organizations that adjudicate or review workers’ compensation and auto medical bills, those who want to set up their own fee schedules, and those who need to confirm reimbursement amounts to Medicare.
Optum offers two fee schedule modules: State Fee Schedule Plus and Medicare Physician Fee Schedule that:
- Deliver data in a uniform format
- Reduce administration time
The modules allow for some data customization and reporting options to meet your needs.
Optum has an experienced team to help your state write and roll out a comprehensive fee schedule.
Contact us today to learn more.
The State Fee Schedule Plus Module is our solution for up-to-date and consistent fee schedule data constructed to serve organizations that adjudicate or review workers’ compensation and auto medical bills. This helps you:
IMPLEMENT STATE FEE
SCHEDULES WITH EASE
OBTAIN TIMELY AND
FEE SCHEDULE DATA
ADVANCE OPTIMAL BILL
OUR FEE SCHEDULE DATABASE IS DESIGNED TO:
- Provide rapid updates via online database delivery. Optum specialists are in regular contact with agencies to collect and post new and/or updated fee schedules to your Optum customer website data vault. Schedule updates include published dollar amounts and/or relative values and conversion factors for the professional services of these fee schedules.
- Deliver fee schedule data in a uniform format. By eliminating variable formats we provide unmatched ease in implementing state fee schedules for all available states.
- Reduce administration time and better utilize your resources. We collect, standardize, and maintain data to help you make efficient use of your IT professionals’ resources and time.
Workers’ compensation fee schedules
We offer state fee schedules for the District of Columbia, all 45 states that mandate workers’ comp and the Federal workers’ comp fee schedule (OWCP).
Auto fee schedules
The Plus component of the State Fee Schedule Plus Module offers a wealth of useful information including:
- Extra information provided by the state
- Data based on coding and fee schedule intelligence and experience
- Summary and analysis of each state’s fee schedule rules and regulations
- Quality assurance review of the data
A convenient tool to help you compare your own reimbursement schedule and review claims with greater efficiency and confidence.
The Optum Medicare Physician Fee Schedule module provides a convenient way to access the Resource-Based Relative Value Scale (RBRVS). The module serves organizations that need Medicare physician reimbursement information and allows for easy comparisons to other fee schedules.
RBRVS is a dynamic system that requires periodic updates due to ongoing changes of the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®) codes, technology, medical practice, and other factors. Optum monitors the website for updates and our module helps you stay current and save time as you:
SET UP YOUR OWN
AMOUNTS TO MEDICARE
STANDARD AND GAP-FILL VERSIONS
The Optum Medicare Physician Fee Schedule module is available in annual or quarterly updates and in Standard or Gap-fill versions.
The Standard Option provides geographically-adjusted Medicare Physician Fee Schedule amounts for all RBRVS-valued procedures. Optum provides a “crosswalk” from Medicare localities to the closest three-, five-, or nine-digit zip codes, thus allowing Medicare carrier and locality to be easily accessed.
The module consists of relational database tables and includes:
- Relative Value Units (RVUs)
- Geographic practice cost indices (GPCIs)
- National Conversion Factor
- Zipcode crosswalks to carrier and locality
The Gap-fill Option is similar to the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule, but for the thousands of services where an RBRVS value isn’t available, Optum uses information from other CMS data files and our own proprietary values to develop a relative value.