New York State Workers' Compensation Drug Formulary - Training and Info
In May 2019, the New York Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) filed an adopted list of approved medicines that doctors should prescribe when treating a New York workers’ compensation claim. This list of approved medicines or Formulary will take effect in two Phases.
- Phase 1: December 5, 2019, for NEW work-related injury medications prescribed on or after that date.
- Phase 2: June 5, 2020, for current, ongoing work-related injury medications.
The following video provides a 30-minute training session on the NYSWC Drug Formulary including information on effective dates, medication phases, the formulary, prior authorization requirements and both the New Work Medical and Optum VitalPoint® portals.
To view the video:
- Hover over the video to bring up the bottom control bar.
- View in full screen using the control bar option on the bottom right corner of the frame.
- Be sure to click the unmute button and turn up the volume on your computer as there is sound.
- Download the presentation PDF